DR is a social event for me.
Yesterday's session was slightly special, not because I discovered halfway through that it was raining by standing on tiptoe and looking out one of the high-arched windows and thereafter announcing it to my lab group very generously, but because a cardiovascular surgeon came for class to present a guest lecture and he very nicely offered for anyone who is interested to follow him into the operating theatre to watch surgery.
By the time DR was over, it was still raining and I had to walk from Windle (the Anatomy building at the main campus) to Brookfield (Health Sciences Complex). My mood worsened terribly during the time it took for me to complete that walk as at some point in time during then, my umbrella decided to give in to the wind and invert for a good full five minutes as I stupidly tried to get it back into a more useful position and some car mercilessly zoomed past so near the pavement, puddle water sprayed all over my shoes.
I also had the misfortune to decide that very morning to wear pumps (whatever was I thinking, pumps in winter, seriously?!?!?!) hence resulting in my feet being uncomfortably drenched.
Boots all the way till February from now on.
No comments:
Post a Comment