Monday, 9 August 2010

4 In The Morning

Since I can't sleep yet as I have to wait for my hair to dry (which takes over an hour), here's a short insight on what I did this National Day, accompanied with visuals!

I woke up at 8am on a public holiday, imagine that, just so I could meet Ivan for breakfast in town. It was lovely talking to him, he filled me in about army, which is a whole pretty new topic for me since girls don't have to do National Service (thank God!) and with each sentence that passed from his lips, I silently count my lucky stars that I'm born a girl. He also let me in on his desire to study Medicine, at which I was extremely pleased!!! I feel very happy when I know that other people want to study Medicine as well, puzzling but true.

Thereafter, had lunch at some ramen bar with Rachel and Charleen both of whom I haven't seen in ages. It was great fun listening to them relating incidents that happened in YLL. So because lesson-proper begins early tomorrow morning at 8.30 (Yes, that's how early they start. If you must know, the seniors let us in on the fact that classes rarely begin before 10am at UCC so as to allow for the Irish to recover from their drunken stupor and hangover.), they were both discussing how early they should arrange to be at the lecture theatre to reserve the good seats. Apparently, throughout the entire reserve-good-seats discussion, I must have been thoroughly misguided because I had thought that by good seats, they meant those at the back, so that you wouldn't be under the intense scrutiny of the lecturer. I had naturally assumed that to be the basic lecture-seating instinct of every student. However, it turned out that the good seats they were actually referring to were those in front.

I think I was quite appalled, well, good-naturedly of course. So I asked them what lecture it will be. "Oh, a welcome lecture" they had replied.

But yes! That's the spirit!




Then it was back to town and cityhall with Ox in an attempt to catch the fireworks that were going on display during the annual National Day parade, which failed horribly because it was just so crowded we could hardly go anywhere. Esplanade had to be closed because it was too full, Cityhall was brimming with people such that this had to be announced : "The train station is too crowded. If you are not taking the train, kindly leave the station". Doubt such a message has every been aired before.

We did however, run into her jerk of an ex-boyfriend, who was seen cosying up to another much shorter girl.




No comments:

Post a Comment