I'm not sure if this qualifies as "I AM SO MAJORLY SCREWED" or just a milder "EEK, I AM SO SCREWED", because I know I am screwed. Period.
So I firmed King's College because I seriously thought I'ld be going there since I adamantly refused to be tertiary-ly educated at a local institution and that was before medical schools in Ireland and Australia called me up. The thing is, I firmed it without submitting my A level results so the offer was still conditional all this while. Or so I thought.
Apparently suddenly my place is confirmed and I've been receiving countless enrolment letters from the school and welcome packages from the student union and UCAS which is scaring me shitless because this means that my offer has miraculously changed to unconditional, which is only possible after you submit your A level results to the school and have met the conditions of the offer.
After not very hard thinking, the only plausible explanation I can come up with for this slight glitch in my otherwise smooth-sailing life (except for packing of course, but who said packing is smooth?!) is that one of my teachers from junior college must have interfered by submitting my results, thinking that he/she was doing me a great favour.
Well now I have to be the bad guy by seeming all irresponsible and unappreciative and tardy and all sorts of bad descriptions by writing to the school to tell them that I politely decline the offer of a place there.
After they have assigned me my own personal King's email adress.
No comments:
Post a Comment