My very first
real* cooking session on Tuesday turned out to be quite the experience, positively speaking. I never knew cooking could be so much fun. I had always looked upon it as a hassle and that I could use the time spent to do better things. Since I have no such 'better things' at hand to complete now, I decided to really get down to learning a few essential survival skills for my days in Ireland, because the prospect of having to down instant noodles very often seemed rather unpleasant.
Before the cooking session, I had
breakfast brunch with Angie and Firqin. Now, I first said breakfast because we were supposed to meet at 10 as I wanted to have more time to spend with them before running off for cooking. The grand plan failed miserably as I woke up half an hour to 10, and was subsequently late. Everyone else didn't manage to stick to the 10 o'clock meeting either, although Firk deserves credit for being the earliest! We eventually settled at
Wild Honey, where we were so taken by the food, we vowed to return more often (and they without me ): ).
Listening to Angie recite stories from her first week of college makes me all the more excited to get back to schooling.
Thereafter, Sijing came over to my place for cooking. We had on our list
Cheese Omelette and
Pappardelle from Jamie Oliver's
website. The dishes turned out marvellous to our surprise, considering our extremely novice skills.
That was my Tuesday nicely done!
*The first time I cooked, whereby I tried Macaroni & Cheese, doesn't count as real because I had loads of help from my maid.
No comments:
Post a Comment