No pictures from orientation because I was too busy listening to the speakers/raising my voice over the din and music to be heard/socialising.
So anyway, spent the morning completing my registration and getting my photo taken in a snap, the woman just told me to stand against the blue back-drop and a moment later she went "perfect, that's brillant". Then I received my Student ID which writes my name and degree title in full.
The late afternoon was packed with talks and I finally got to meet all my fellow medical classmates. They're such a fun bunch!!! Made loads of new friends and got to know many Irish people (-:
I must emphasize that the people here are really friendly and nice. Absolutely cannot wait for school to begin because that's where all the fun starts! I got my timetable already and I start on Monday, which happens to be jam packed with lectures )-:
But but but, there's Anatomy lab session on Tuesday which means I get to dissect cadavers yipppppie!
I also wanted to say that the orientation here is so unlike those we have back home, like they're all really liberal - they talk to us about sex and alcohol and try to encourage us to have protected sex by giving out free condoms and including a box of condoms in our orientation goodie bags!!! Back home in Singapore all this is frowned upon. We even have a welfare officer in the Students' Union who gives out free condoms whenever someone needs them.
The lecturers also curse and swear openly like how one went "fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck" and another "my girlfriend broke up with me, bitch".
All in all, today has been a fantastic day because everything's and everyone is so damn nice!!!!!
i think we are liberalising (is that a correct thing to say ?) cause i found free condoms in our orientation pack too. :P but then again, they explicitly stated that Durex is one of our sponsors so this came as no surprise. :P I love lecturers who cuss ! (well at least not all the time. it seems rather cool haha)
ReplyDelete