Friday, 3 September 2010

The Words I Don't Speak

I find it impossible to wholly express how thankful I am to have an extremely supportive group of friends surrounding me. The things that they have done for me are too great in number to list every single one down, the friends too many to name (you know who you are).

All of you have somehow, in one way or another, through actions or speech, laughter or tears, directly or indirectly, touched me and altered the course of my life, no matter how slight, to that of which I am living today. Although I don't say it aloud, or may seem like an insensitive prick who doesn't reciprocate your good intentions, I do appreciate your well meaning ways in my own warped sense of mind.

For all that you have done - big, small, round, square, obvious, discreet; I know. I thank you for being my friend, and in that simple word which represents a selfless being, which most unfortunately take for granted, for accepting me as I am (flaws, imperfection and stubborness), for encouraging me and guiding me.

This may sound terribly like a farewell message. I guess it can be labelled as such. After all, I am going to a faraway place where I'll spend most of my time for the next five years. Adieu though it may be, we can still communicate via the various messenging networks (MSN, Skype) or the old school way (email).

So for the fun, food, laughter, joy, stress, school work, exams, problems, issues and thick and thin that I've been through with you, thank you. Your very presence in my life has taught me many valuable lessons and has left a deep impression on me. To forget what we've been through, you and I, will be a challenge in itself.

Many have informed me that five years will go by in the blink of an eye. In that blink however, I will definitely miss you.

1 comment: