Wednesday, 8 December 2010
Lub. Dub.
Clinical Practice exam in about 2ish hours and I sit here with a "The New England Journal of Medicine" article on "Blood-Pressure Measurement" in front of me waiting to be read and marked with Tinie Tempah in the background. Oh, I must also not forget to mention my most prized possession lying next to my arm on the desk - the Oxford Concise Medical Dictionary, which I am simply unable to live without. Yes, my life revolves around this book. Life-changing eh?
Dyspnoea (shortness of breath), syncope (fainting), hyperchromic, cardiomyopathy, atherosclerosis, aortic stenosis. Don't you just love medical terms?
I find it mildly interesting how anyone will say to a patient, "you have hypochromic normocytic anaemia" or "yes, I see that you've atherosclerosis of your coronary arteries which would explain your angina pectoris due to the occlusion of your arteries. This may very well lead to a myocardial infarction as a result of avascular necrosis of myocardial tissue."
Seriously!!! We need to drop all these and just say "heart attack due to blocked arteries". If only I'm allowed to write in such terminology for exams.
Onto something totally irrelevant, Dan looked so good yesterday with his multi-coloured scarf that hung in this really cool fashion around his neck and his neon green shirt that he tried to hide under his jacket. Too bad he spent the waiting time talking to Darren and going around discussing answers because I was itching to tell him I absolutely adored his scarf. Hope he wears it later on teeheehee!
Alright, my stomach is protesting horridly. Shall make myself some lunch then back to the sphygmomanometer and korotkoff's sounds.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment